Siberian Husky Adoption Contract
Number (if available):
I/we, the undersigned adopting party, understand and agree
to the following terms and conditions of this contract in the acquisition of the
above-described Siberian Husky, hereinafter referred to as "dog":
dog to abuse or cruelty.
5. To provide regular veterinary care, including annual
shots, heartworm preventative, and parasite checks.
6. To always keep this dog within a fenced yard (not on a
chain), on a leash, or safely within the home.
7. To not transport this dog unconfined in an open
8. To regularly check the tightness of any collar. To
affix any licenses and tags to the collar and to
never leave a choke chain on the dog when not attended.
9. To notify the Rescue Program of the dog's annual
10. To allow the Rescue Program to periodically check on
11.To contact the Rescue Program, a veterinarian, or an
obedience trainer when problems arise so that the problem may be eliminated or
- 1. To return the dog to the Rescue Program if unable to keep the dog.
To never abandon the dog or surrender, sell, or give the dog to
a shelter, pet dealer, or a laboratory, or to give the dog
away. Dog MUST be returned.
- 2. To notify the Rescue Program if the dog is lost or stolen and to
make all reasonable efforts to locate the dog.
- 3. To never allow this dog to be trained for or used for protection or
as an attack dog.
- 4. To treat this dog as a family pet with affection and kindness, never
I/we further understand and agree that:
- 1. Non-compliance with any of the above terms and conditions may result
in the immediate forfeiture of the dog and that the Rescue Program may
reclaim this dog without payment of compensation to me/us. Initials:_________
2. The Rescue Program has explained the typical characteristics and
temperament of the
Siberian Husky. Initials:__________
3. The Rescue Program has advised me/us that the dog can sometimes dig, chew,
soil, and exhibit other undesirable traits unless properly supervised,
confined, and trained. Initials:__________
4.The Rescue Program has given me the attached information sheet on this dog.
5. The Rescue Program has advised me that this dog may have been neglected,
mistreated, or abused and that special care or precautions may be
6.Any notices required to the Rescue Program required by this contract will be
sent first class mail to
Night Song Siberian Husky Rescue, 448 Willow Creek Drive, Dayton WA., 99328 Initials:__________
7. The Rescue Program has provided me/us with the above-mentioned dog. Initials:__________
8. If the Rescue Program coordinator does not believe that the placement of
this dog with me has been successful, the Rescue Program may reclaim the dog.Initials_______________
In consideration of the adoption of this dog, I/we agree to assume
full responsibility for the conduct of this dog
upon the date of this contract. I/we further agree to hold harmless the Rescue
Program, its board of directors, its officers, its volunteers, and any
individuals associated with the Rescue Program and to indemnify such
organizations or individuals for any damages or costs resulting from liability,
known or unknown, anticipated or unanticipated, as a result of the dog's conduct
after the date of this adoption contract.
Signed this ________________ day of ________________, 20_______